The TJMC-UU community is active, and in order to keep up with our goals of supporting and improving the life of our church and congregation, there are many different task forces and related committees working throughout the church.
This group is tasked with reviewing the church’s current methods of governance and looking for new and better ways to organize the work that we do.
Task Force Chair: Sally Taylor
- Revised Governance Proposal, Jan 31, 2017
- 2015 Bylaws with Proposed Changes, Jan 31, 2017
- Highlights of the Governance Task Force Recommendations, Jan 31, 2017
- Governance Task Force Powerpoint Presentation
- Chart Summary of Revised Changes
- Congregational Conversation on Governance, Oct 2016
- Social Justice Council Discussion on Governance, Nov 2016
- Personnel Committee Discussion on Governance, Nov 2016
- Community Life Council Discussion on Governance, Dec 2016
- Congregational Conversation on Governance, Jan 2017
Communications Task Force
The Communications Task force, established in 2015, is working to improve the ways that we communicate with each other and with those outside of our community. The task force will establish a Communications Committee to carry on this work over the long term. Currently work is focused on three areas: the church website, publications such as the Bulletin and Weekly Update, and the sound technology in the sanctuary and other parts of the building. In the future the task force will also look at external communication and marketing. The Communications Task Force reports monthly to the Board of Trustees. These reports are available on request.
Task Force Chair: Achsah Carrier
Revenue Task Force
Building rentals, fundraisers, and Scrip are just some of the ways TJMC brings in needed revenue to support ourselves as the beacon of UUism that we envision. In an effort to maximize these revenue streams, to initiate new efforts, and to strengthen our church’s financial health, the TJMC Board of Trustees has initiated a Revenue Task Force. We are looking for interested congregants to help in this effort. The Task Force will evaluate current revenue-producing programs, and also brainstorm, prioritize, and plan for future ones. If you have interest and/or a background in revenue generation, please consider nominating yourself or someone else from our congregation to assist us on this important Task Force.
Task Force Chair: David Mick
Their mission is to review current TJMC staffing and future needs and to develop a recommendation for TJMC staffing for the next three years. Read their report here.